PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 2nd May 2020, 09:49
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cessnapete
Without Seniority, BA state redundancies to be predicated on Company requirements, and assessment. As no sim assessment at the moment due social distancing, and presumably mass interviews not practical either. Lets hope it doesn't degenerate to , mates of the Flight Manager, favouritism etc.
Although from the comments, and his past disregard for his pilots interests, this Flight Manager AB, won't have many friends!!
As I’ve said and predicted before the whole process is being done exactly as per Flybe in 2013, which was also done by fleet and by seat. The assessment process will be the formulation of a matrix which will in all likelihood include weighted LIFO with other points for sickness and disciplinaries thrown in but weighted towards LIFO. It’s the easiest way to keep it all legal and I was at the wrong end of it in the past. I’m not saying that this is how it’s necessarily going to play out but this is the methodology that BA
want to use. It’s now down to Balpa to see if they can reduce the numbers involved or change that methodology but with the retraining bill for LIFO from
the MSL running into many millions it’s difficult to see how they’d get BA to budge on this.