PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Jayne Hrdlicka be the new CEO of a reborn Virgin Australia?
Old 2nd May 2020, 00:43
rodney rude

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Is Miss Jayne the only one around with a work ethic problem? In January I was at the airport having a coffee with a buddy. He had just been made redundant from his team leader position at VA – booted out. Obviously very upset. As we shared a brew, over in an adjacent coffee shop were two VA “managers”, suitably attired in their work issued suits. As they sat slurping their brews various VA staff joined them, came and went. After 75 minutes they got up and walked away.

My buddy said “see those two, they are the two who have kept their jobs in the round of redundancies – the jobs I was bidding for. And look at em, 75 minutes on their arses in a coffee shop. And these are the goats VA says are the ones for us.” Says you I said, you’ve been here with me all that time. “Yeah he said, but mate Ive got two weeks to unemployment, two weeks to how do I feed my kids, largely due to “management” incompetence. What do I owe this mob?”

But yes, the management team selected earn their pay in a coffee shop. Too many in Australia have a sh!t work ethic.