PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mildura Rednecks wreck our fair go reputation
Old 1st May 2020, 23:06
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by oicur12.again
It comes at a cost being “engaged” with the US too by being strong armed into spending horrendous amounts of money on US weapons (one of the highest/GDP of the developed world) and then being conned into supporting war crimes while fighting US resource wars on the other side of the planet in countries that pose zero threat to Australia.
Absolutely.

It’s hypocritical for Australia to attack China’s human rights record. I don’t see China invading too many countries recently sparking conflicts that kill millions after a campaign of lies. I don’t see Chinese special forces murdering unarmed farmers in Afghanistan and then lying about it, unlike our own “SAS heroes”. China does have human rights issues but let’s not pretend Australia is without fault.

Now back to the issue at hand, how to ensure Chinese trainee pilots are able to feel welcome and safe in Australia despite any racist abuse they cop. I hope anyone who can identify those in the community who would perform such disgusting things would dob them in to them in to the relevant authorities. Otherwise struggling local towns will lose a business supporting skilled employees, causing them to struggle further. I don’t think the way Chinese students have been spoken to and treated counts under the so called “Aussie Fair Go”.