PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 1st May 2020, 15:56
NoelEvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoelEvans
I have been VERY fortunate to have continued flying 'as normal' (although nothing is normal now!). Taxiing past rows of aeroplanes parked and sealed up at almost every airport in several countries and walking through empty terminals with everything closed and almost no lights on, some even becoming dusty after having been thriving terminals only a short while ago, is very, very, very sobering (and weird). If you haven't been able to see it, you probably don't really want to. This problem is much, much bigger than any one of your airlines, no matter how big they are. Best not to become lonely individualists bickering about what someone else might or might not be doing. A lot of pilots are going to be in very 'fragile' situations. Trying to understand each other and if possible support each other would be the most helpful way ahead.
I apologise for quoting myself, but with the bickering that I see on here recently and the stupidity of calls for strikes and 'grounding fleets' (they ARE grounded already, what more do you want???!!!), I feel I need to re-emphasise what I have seen. I see no chance of airlines staying in business with some of those attitudes being bandied about. The industry is on its knees. Stop trying to chop those knees off too. Forget your Ts&Cs. You don't have the fare-paying customers to fund them. And you are unlikely to have for a long time. In the future if I was going to chose which airline ticket to buy, I would far rather pay to fly on an airline where the pilots had done everything to keep the airline in business and as many pilot employed as possible. Auf Wiedersehen.