PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyby School Leon
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2020, 09:08
Matt Borg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey John,
no worries it's good that you're asking. Accommodation in Leon is decent. A bit basic but good. You will share an apartment with 2 others (unless you are lucky and the other 2 rooms are empty). Food is not too great here, sometimes its good, sometimes it isn't. So if you don't mind cooking you have a small kitchen and can cook.
You do have an option to either rent your own place for the first two months in Leon or upgrade your contract and move to a 1 bed apartment. However doing so will pretty much cut you off from spending time with colleagues and being with the others is actually a tonne of fun. There is a dedicated study room in the residence so you can cut off from and study there if needed.

Burgos has around three different residences I think. I love the place I'm in.Modern, food is pretty good. Cleaning of rooms is twice or three times a week, has a gym, supermarket 5 mins away and city center a 5 minute walk.
Downside is its shared with the university and can be pretty noisy at times.
Upside you get to meet and make friends.
There is also a massive chill out area with TV, Table Tennis, Billiards, sofa's...etc

There is another residence bang in the center of the city. A bit nicer as its brand new, but its it a bit smaller.
Haven't seen or heard anyone talking about the third place.

As for the type of food. Sometimes it's spanish based, like paella a and tortilla, but most of the time it's "normal". Sometimes chicken or meat, sometimes pasta...lots of fruit and salads. (this is in the place I'm currently in)

I suggest attending an open day (when all this hassle calms down)

Hope it helps.