PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Pilots
Thread: Future Pilots
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2020, 07:40
zulucharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadet pilot jobs

I am a future cadet and i am yet to start my training, having indefinitely pulled the plug on starting training due to this overwhelming crisis. I don't believe for one second the people on this forum who say that cadet pilots will have a wait of 10 years after graduating flight school in order to find a job as nobody can possibly place a timeframe on this. However in my personal situation I am going to wait at least a year until I even think about starting flight training dependent on how I vision the pilot job market in 2 years time from that point. For those in training i would recommended finishing your training to the highest of your ability regardless of time taken as the higher results you get would help you to stand out from the crowd in a few years when we have a cadet pilot job market again. For those on here talking about starting training now is simply dazzling when the extent of the damage to the industry is not known. My main message to aspiring pilots is don't give up hope but just to please realise the extent of the crisis and take the foot off the gas a little in order to analyse the industry in the coming months/years as I wouldn't recommend starting training until we see significant signs of recovery that suggest there will be cadet pilot jobs 2 years after that point.