PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2020, 06:57
avidspotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All. This is my first post. I'm normally happily watching quietly from the sidelines. But I'm interested in the reaction to the resumption of Wizz Air flights and I wanted to chuck in some points to the debate.

1. UK hasn't shut border
2. Passenger flights continue elsewhere LGW, STN and LHR and other UK airports

4. Government says "Do not travel abroad unless it’s essential..." but does not say you shouldn't travel at all. "If your travel is essential, see our guidance on international travel"
5. WHO guidance "Recommendations for International Travel" says travel restrictions ineffective (except at start of out break)
5. Despite the news stories, Wizz are only flying to a handful of destinations to start with and probably won't get into double figures for several weeks
6. Just because they will eventually fly to Spain and Portugal doesn't make the passengers 'holiday makers'
7. Passenger numbers likely to be extremely low
8. They will need to follow restrictions in the country they are travelling to eg. only Bulgarian citizens are allowed into Bulgaria and in Tenerife you will have to go to your place of residence for 14 days
9. As far as I understand it, Wizz will refund passengers where travel restrictions mean they can't travel, providing they booked for the lock down (although I stand to be corrected)
10.Airport workers are classed as Key workers "those who will keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the COVID-19 response" so one can assume airports are seen as a key industry?

Thanks for reading.

PS I wanted to back up some of my points with some weblinks but it won't let me because I've never posted before but you can google them.