PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 225 Crew question
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2020, 15:03
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turøy,4 years ago,,

I was just reading the local paper and it reminded me it has now been 4 years.
I was looking for the old original tread , but I could not find it, so I impose on this one.
I am on the Boeing 737-800 and the older types had the rudder hardover and the latest and greatest they had to call the Max!! Just to hint how fare they stretched the old beast.
I did learn a thing or two about gears and such as the Turøy accident unfolded. And even more about "Aviation Politics" if I could use that phrase.
Anyway.
I got plenty of time on my hands now until this Corona madness blows over,,,! So I shall make a point of visiting the crash site , as there is a Memorial there in the form of a wopping great bolder with a tiny house on top off it . The bolder is a classic round granite stone found on top off one of the islands nearby, formed by the ice and dropped by the ice as it retreated!
Somewhat bizarre,I think, but very powerful statement indeed.( In Norway we tend to find long pointy stones and upend them , pointing skywards, called a bauta.)
The Monument has all the names on it and the tiny house on top, has 13 windows of gold.
I wish You all safe sailing and now I shall have a good zigar and think of the Pax and Crew of Turøy!
RIP

Kind Regards
Cpt B