PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2020, 14:23
helipixman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LTNman
Will anyone want to go to Greece this year for their summer hols? https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/artic...ts-this-summer
I am currently still booked with TUI for the end of June to Rhodes (Tui have not cancelled it yet but after changing the dates of all cancellations yesterday to 11th June I am certain it will change again). I love Greece but hope my holiday gets cancelled, will get a refund voucher and go when its settled down, whenever that might be.

After reading the restrictions, good on Greece for doing so and protecting their own Country, maybe others could learn from them, USA now 60,000+ deaths UK 26,000+ but sadly we keep letting people in. The one that I see as being a problem is getting a coronavirus test done before travel to Greece. Currently there are not enought tests available for front line NHS staff and Key workers. So its not ethical to ask them to give up a single test so that someone can go on holiday for pure pleasure when they are risking their lives.

Today is the day that the Government has said 100,000 tests should be carried out. Lets see ?

Stay home stay safe and protect lives, holidays can wait !