PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2020, 12:33
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewH52
He’s on record in Hansard speaking about the negative impact of those events on Manchester Airport, the customers and employees and the wider Northern economy.

A quick search of the MEN website will bring up stories quoting him on the horrendous impacts of the Thomas Cook on his constituents who worked for the airline and tour operator.

Here’s one example from Hansard. I am not one for defending MPs but I couldn’t and wouldn’t do their job as quite frankly there’s always one part of their constituency that will throw brickbats at them at any opportunity, and others happy to jump on the bandwagon without checking the facts.

Mike Kane (Wythenshawe and Sale East) (Lab)

The Minister went to school a stone’s throw from Manchester airport in my constituency, but is the voice of northern England being heard? After the Thomas Cook debacle, 2.8 million passengers were taken out of capacity. If this Flybe collapse happens, that will affect 1.8 million passengers out of Manchester airport. I know that people are worried about climate change, but APD was a tax devised by London civil servants in Whitehall cooling towers that crippled the growth of regional airports throughout our country, and we are paying the price for that.

Ah yes' oh course....... "The Hansard Evening News"
A best seller in terms of news media !