PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cargo Hiring!!!! (merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2003, 04:12
freightdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok..ok..

First things first, thank you to all that have replied in a positive note.

To say the least, I am very discouraged at this point and that includes my better half. Considering that I am very vocal and have in the past active in starting a pilot group movement in taking a stance aggainst bad company policies in my former life...

It's just too bad that SIA management do not realize what they are loosing by adapting this attitude towards the pilot group....given, that we are a hard crowd to please but at the end of the day we are a smart bunch that knows what needs to be done when the tough gets going...and when it's time to tighten our belts...
etops777
I will take up your generous offer on CAL info I will pm you.

My present gig is ideal exept salary and equipment, hired as a local (dual national)..but living like a king in Jakarta, can't afford a vacation outside the national border coz of this thing called currency conversion....

Comes home almost every night...short flights nver more than 4 landings in one sched.

But like I have said, it would be nice to move on to a better equipment and salary...my kids will eventually grow up and I have to send them to college....not to mention the dream of showing them the world on free travel pass...ok ok...I will wake up now and smell the rotten roses....

But I am sure something will turn up, so for those that have old books on FMS or fancy equipment in the aircraft thay don't need anymore pls send them my way...

BTW, the apt for 2200SIN$ per mo is a 3 bedroom / 2 bath apt with a full kitchen. Master bedroom is 4X4m and the 2 smaller room is 3X3. Living and Dining is in one open space (not sure on size) but must be round 4X8m..kitchen and laundy room is separated...I sound like a realtor..

Ironic, a mate of mine was living there for 3 years he worked there for a flg airline (neighbouring country) as line engineer (got paid sin$6000/ mo and they pay for the apt and schooling for up to 2 kids)