PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it about the Wessex that makes people so fond of it?
Old 30th Apr 2020, 11:05
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Thud_and_Blunder
Lovely pics John - could I recommend a prog called Silverfast (currently on its 8th iteration), a German scanning-software programme that includes an IR-based cunning method for removing unwanted artefacts? My current Covid project is scanning 800-odd 6cm slides and several thousand 35mm transparencies dating back to 1977 - Silverfast has done a fantastic job of tidying up the ubiquitous dust/fluff and microscopic cracks on the ones I've done so far. Might want to check that your scanner works with it first, though - I don't know if all of them have the capability (my retirement present to myself was an Epson V800, bought specifically for this little project).
I scan with SF8, but buggered if I can improve the image damage left by the mould? I've just downloaded HDR8 which may be what I should use but it's a bit of a mystery box at the moment. Scanner is compatible (Plus Tek 8200i), any tips gratefully received