PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The F-35 thread, Mk II
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2020, 08:01
Asturias56

Received 361 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by T28B
If I may follow up on gums' post in part: the day that any of you rely on The Economist for military specific info is a day to reveiw what you are drinking and how much.
"If I may follow up on gums' post in part: the day that any of you rely on The Economist for military specific info is a day to review what you are drinking and how much."

It was a graphic at hand - the numbers come from the CSBA (Center for Strategic & Budgetary Assessments) in Washington - which I think is a reputable source?

The main Author is Bryan Clark - Non-Resident Senior Fellow - Prior to joining CSBA in 2013, Bryan Clark was Special Assistant to the Chief of Naval Operations and Director of his Commander’s Action Group, where he led development of Navy strategy and implemented new initiatives in electromagnetic spectrum operations, undersea warfare, expeditionary operations and personnel and readiness management. Mr. Clark served in the Navy headquarters staff from 2004 to 2011, leading studies in the Assessment Division and participating in the 2006 and 2010 Quadrennial Defense Reviews. His areas of emphasis were modeling and simulation, strategic planning and institutional reform and governance. Prior to retiring from the Navy in 2007, Mr. Clark was an enlisted and officer submariner, serving in afloat and ashore submarine operational and training assignments including tours as Chief Engineer and Operations Officer at the Navy’s nuclear power training unit. He is the recipient of the Department of the Navy Superior Service Medal and the Legion of Merit.

https://csbaonline.org/research/publ...carrier-air-wi

has the report and some decent slides