PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions needed .. yet again!
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2020, 03:04
neville_nobody

Received 151 Likes on 66 Posts
If I manage to get a CPL then try to get a part time job in crop dusting, banner hosting, carrying sky divers etc. So that I can keep flying but don't pay for doing so.
Sky diving will always be around, but the other two really are niche operations which I would suggest do very little, if any, flying in the scheme of things. I cannot remember the last time I saw someone towing a banner or skywriting. To crop dust you are going to have to move and live in country towns. If you are a city slicker with no country connections how do you propose to get into this line of work? There is alot of city/country BS that goes on in farming towns which means you won't just be turning up and walking into a job. You will also need a low level endorsement and somehow get experience. One thing to need to understand in aviation is that nothing just happens. People often talk down how much time and effort goes into getting into and staying in the industry. "Oh I just got a CPL, got 400 hours and moved to the Top End and got a job" That's basically 2-3 years of your life right there with everything else on hold in that statement!!

When you say pursue flying what do you mean by this? There will be very limited opportunities over the next 5 years so what exactly do you want out of this? I only say all this as it will be alot of money invested by you to gain what exactly?

Honestly take that amount of money and invest it one way or another and you will be better off in 20 years time.