PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 29th Apr 2020, 23:23
sidtheesexist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by RHS
Why don’t you crawl back in the hole you came from? 1200 pilot colleagues are staring down the hole and you’re gloating about their naivety?
You may not like the way his pov is expressed, but I agree with him/her. And before you start having a pop at me as well, I’m looking down the barrel too, as I’m a Nigel.....for the moment! We, as a working group( pilots) and Union (BA BALPA), have consistently ceded ground (in my 15 yrs or so in BA) to our increasingly aggressive management. By expressing this view, I’m not for one moment blaming previous CCs alone, for the position we find ourselves in. Collectively, we haven’t found the will or the way to fight back effectively enough and thus find ourselves in a pretty weak position, at a time when the mgmt are as usual, trying to hammer us down again. Since I joined BA, I believe BALPA have managed to avoid compulsory redundancies when the dips have come along. I sincerely hope, for all our sakes, that this record can be maintained. If I’m wrong factually, unreserved apologies. Good luck everyone, my BA colleagues in ALL depts, our friends in VAA, and everyone else who is affected.