PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Pilots
Thread: Future Pilots
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 20:52
squidie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManFlex40
Thought I'd throw in my penny's worth. I am a PPL, was hour building and planned on sitting my ATPL's in the autumn. I know now that career in aviation, as I envisioned it a year ago, just isn't a reality anymore. I've had my A Levels and now my hopes of a future career all but dashed due to this crisis. Whilst this has been very hard to accept, it's just the way the world is. I have a stable job to go back to at McDonalds thankfully, so I can keep afloat financially. I have applied for the RAF and Navy in the hope of pursuing some sort of aviation career, but like I say, my hopes and dreams are somewhat dashed for a while.
Apply for the military no problem but there is going to be struggles everywhere. I also wouldn’t give up on ATPL straight away. Once you can go flying again under your PPL then keep doing so and see how the industry evolves. There is going to be no growth in the industry for a few years but it will recover to more prosperous levels and maybe then is your chance. Again it’s not going to be easy for anyone for several years or more.

I think training-wise then modular is one of the safest ways to go from now.