PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Pilots
Thread: Future Pilots
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 15:44
speedrestriction
I REALLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE

Received 96 Likes on 33 Posts
I have been flying for 15 years or so, currently an Airbus skipper SH European low cost airline, 9000ish hours. I wouldn't be shocked if I have captained my last commercial flight. This is not like anything commercial air transport has had to weather before. Don't listen to the spin from the training outfits. IATA don't know, Airbus don't know, Boeing don't know, training organisations definitely don't know. The last think I would be doing is spending money on commercial training. There are too many unknowns. A lot of commercial flying is about risk assessment. To me, to spend tens of thousands on training is a case of committing to a course of action without gathering the required information first. Be patient, wait until you have a better idea of what is happening in the industry before making any major decisions. This is the first scene of the first act of the play. Don't be impetuous, take a deep breath and wait as long as it takes for the trajectory of the industry to become clearer.