PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nice flight tracker work
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 12:17
harrryw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
Past Commodore, yes. Sponsored? No. We have all watched Michael first with curiosity, then with respect. I still remember the first arrival of the Searey at low tide. The new Sea Bear is a very capable aircraft and I think Michael’s has 915’s and Airmaster props. I wonder what the next adventure will be?

On the subject of uniforms Michael was advised to dress the part, as I believe have others before him. Third world officials are used to deferring to members of the military. Yacht club uniform is insufficiently impressive.
I defer to you about the sponsorship, I knew he departed and arrived there and had thought I had read that. As far as uniforms were concerned, although many clubs changed their uniforms in recent years to be more in line with modern fashion and also the trend towards a more egalitarian structure most Commodore Uniforms in fact included the gold he wore but without generally the aviation wings although I think if there was an entitlement to them they formed part of the formal uniform. It is true that uniforms can help in many countries, though it is also possible that they could cause a barrier if they appear military based in others. I presume that was a factor for him too. He still has my utmost respect and I would dearly love to share a dinner table with him but alas that never will be.

Seabear 4 to the moon? Whatever it is I will want to follow every minute.