PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 10:35
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LGW post COVID-19

Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
I can’t see Virgin or BA long haul staying at LGW, they’ll retrench to LHR in survival mode. Not even sure there’s any short term case for BA CityFlyer at LCY.
With the ongoing corona pandemic, and the uncertainty surrounding the current aviation climate, one does wonder who in terms of long haul will remain at LGW when things begin to pick up again. Indeed, it would be such a shame to see the permanent loss/withdrawal of CX and CI among others- they, along with the A350 have helped to add some diversity across LGW, and from a passenger stand point, being able to fly from LGW-HKG direct is a huge bonus for myself amongst many others over LHR and the 77W. I'm keeping everything crossed that airlines and LGW will be able to get through this and that there will be light at the end of the tunnel in due course. Will be very nice to see BA, CX and others back when the storm passes...

What are people's thoughts about which airlines will return to LGW post COVID-19? BA will no doubt return, given their huge investment in the LGW South check in and lounges, as will VS for similar reasons, perhaps with reduced frequencies, but what about airlines that maintain 1 daily services or less? (CX and CI come to mind here).