PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 06:35
Yahoo!®

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
Whatever made you think that? Genuinely? There speaks a man willing a business to fail for reasons beyond me. Any comeback into 2021 will see any airline that can get LHR slots going for it. The overall London market may fall, but in any competitive environment airlines will seek a competitive advantage, which will mean dropping STN and LGW for LHR if they can. That won’t change. LHR was declared full in 1977, perhaps 1976 levels of movements will be the new norm, perhaps not.

You don’t actually understand how shareholding works, do you? Dividends are expected in the running of a profitable business, otherwise no one would buy shares. No shares, no magic money tree for pension funds.....but yeah, nasty foreigners ripping us all off. How dare they?

It’s not Heathrow that concerns me, more so Gatwick long haul will take an enormous hit. Cathay won’t be back, Norwegian will be gone and BA will consolidate to LHR. I would bet China Airlines will either leave or finally get another LHR slot in the collapse in the next few years. Air China and China Eastern will also snatch any open slot at LHR to leave Gatwick. Heathrow will see profits fall but traffic will rebound very quickly, one suspects with a larger domestic network than in recent years as people stay home. But Gatwick is, IMHO, screwed.
if Gatwick gets openings they will be snapped up by Wizzair, easyJet and Ryanair, which will “screw” Luton