PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS HR not so great ???
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2020, 05:30
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sloppy Link
25 year break will require induction, line training, uniform to name a few. Let’s be generous, he is an effective member of the workforce at his 58th birthday. In under two years time, the whole process will have to start all over again with the attendant costs on trainers time, administrators time, aircraft hours, more procurement when the original hasn’t had its five year expected life and so on. Type rating and experience from 25 years ago helps but doesn’t mean you can be recruited on Tuesday and be on shift at the weekend. We don’t know what was put on the application, location of applicant, distance to travel, prepared to move, where vacancies were he would accept and so on. Harsh but, business is business.
All valid points but I really feel it costs nothing to respond to an application with an indication that it at least, was read and assimilated. Hey, I am probably old and have had a full, varied and interesting career flying helicopters. However, I feel really sad for the new guys, trying hard to get on when they are ignored by organisations who place adverts then can’t be bothered to show show respect for all their applicants. There are no excuses really for this.