PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mildura Rednecks wreck our fair go reputation
Old 29th Apr 2020, 00:34
dr dre

Received 358 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by zanthrus
F*ck China, their students, (who wreck our housing market), and their "investment in Australia"
Any properties sold to Chinese were sold by Australians. Chinese students didn’t push the price of an average 4 bed family home in Sydney and Melbourne to over a million dollars so don’t blame them. Don’t blame foreigners at all because less than 10% of property sales in Australia are made to foreigners (Chinese or others). Blame the Australians who created a system that pushed housing prices to ridiculously unaffordable levels.

I welcome Chinese students. They are better behaved, more law abiding, more respectful, more polite than a lot of Australian students who’ll give you a lesson on being disruptive, lazy, unprepared and spending more time worried about how drunk they can get on weekends than studying. Those Chinese students allow thousands of aviation professionals to put food on the table, pay bills, have a roof over their heads and have a career in Aviation.

I can see now why there’s hate being directed over airwaves at Chinese trainee pilots, an easily influenced population fearmongered to the point they want to irrationally lash out at those they perceive as an enemy. I fear for the safety of those here who are of Asian appearance, whether they are Chinese, Australian or others.