PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATO Requirements for CFI - Where to find info
Old 29th Apr 2020, 00:08
cl12pv2s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATO Requirements for CFI - Where to find info

AMC2 ORA.ATO.210 Personnel requirements -

"instructional duties related to the flying courses provided..."

(b)(2) The CFI should, except in the case of ATOs providing flight test training, have completed 1 000 hours of flight time as pilot-in-command (PIC). At least 500 of those hours should be on flying instructional duties related to the flying courses provided, of which 200 hours may be instrument ground time

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could help me find some explanation or definition of the above phrase.

What I need to know is:

a) What is the interpretation of 'instructional duties'? Does that mean only in-flight instruction, or include the ground time, and say, theoretical knowledge time too?
b) 'Related to the flying courses provided...' - Is that phrase specific to 'type of aircraft'? E.g. Does instructional duties (type rating instruction for XYZ aircraft) count towards the requirements to be a CFI at a place which only does type-ratings for ABC aircraft?

If anyone could point me towards an explanation or an FAQ portal, where I could get an official explanation I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

cl12pv2s