PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines Going Under
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2020, 21:10
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well gents, it’s going to be interesting that’s for sure. I hope people have something saved up because we seem to be heading for the catastrophe of a lifetime. LongTimeInCX has a solution that calls for the survival of the fittest, in the end if they don’t find a vaccine soon enough we will see that scenario play out. I don’t know what’s wise, I like my parents and would like to avoid rolling the dice with this one myself if I don’t absolutely have to.

However, I do not worry. We as a species are pretty resilient. We have survived wars, genocides, great leaps forward, ethnic and religious persecution, disease, famine and other catastrophes and as a species we will survive this one. Whether we do so with dignity will be up to each individual to decide for themselves.

Let’s wait and see what the managers come up with to try and get the group to survive this. In the end that’s critically important for all of us. If they can survive, it means we can all come back at some point after a period of furlough for a segment of the employees. If they do not survive, some of us may never work in a flight deck again. It is what it is.

I guess this is what they mean when they say “interesting times”.