PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines Going Under
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2020, 14:18
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you know a corona virus has never had an effective vaccine? Think SARS, where’s the vaccine?

To the point, a vaccine is likely not forthcoming. So what to do? Well, there’s only one thing to do... Herd Immunity, unless you consider shutting the world economy down long term to protect the oldies and vulnerables is an option.

In my opinion, this shutdown has been overcooked. Have we flattened the curve? Yes. Have we kept the health care system from being overrun? For sure. Have we destroyed the economy? Indeed! Have we stunted herd immunity? I argue yes.

What does this mean? It means that a second wave, likely in the fall (and possibly third wave in 2021), could well be proportionally worse. It will be very interesting to see how Sweden and other locations with lesser restrictions do by comparison. I think the world is about to get a huge lesson in epidemiology.

This virus is going to take its toll. The only question is where and when? Sweden is paying the piper up front. Will it pay off in the future? I believe it will. I especially admire their political courage to do what they have done in the face of a global shutdown. They haven’t succumbed to peer pressure and virtue signaling.