PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard times for Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2020, 11:32
737lpa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul737
Creditors will go for it. Of course! They don’t have a better option. But they will go for it with the New Norwegian plan, based on core profitability and huge fleet reduction. Even Jacob Schram said yesterday they will cut the LH fleet by 50% (at least).

The sooner the crews outside Scandinavia accept the reality the better for them.

As I said before, 40-50 aircraft less means a lot of base closures. Whoever don’t want to to see it is really naive.

And thinking about a full summer schedule in 2021 is...
Paul737, I can only think by the bitterness of your posts lately that you have been affected by the bankruptcy of CPH and ARN crew subsidiaries (which i think it's temporary anyway), but even then there is no reason to blame non Scandinavian bases of the current situation.

Norwegian is what it is for their international presence and that has been reflected in the plan. Of course there will be a reduction of fleets across the network and across the world, but instead of becoming a hater, think that norwegian will only be successful in their goal as a whole. Bases that will remain open or closed are yet to be known and the new owners will dictate that iaw their business plans and profit margins, not because you cry and whine.

As you said in your earlier post. We will say May 5th.