PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Apr 2020, 07:32
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Can i direct you to The Deputy PM, The Honourable Mr Michael Mc Cormack

To the Australian Taxation Office.

My accountant Rohan, has been an exceptional support, and for that I am extremely appreciative. He has worked hard to take as much stress off me as practical, and protect my health. I am now facing significant financial challenges, I am uncomfortable drawing on his support any further as my funds are exhausted. I know that support is there if required however.

Rohan, could i ask that you provide any information that the ATO requires. Thankyou.

I owe people money and it is critical to my health and wellbeing that all of those debts are attended to, and they are intended to in full. Every single one of them". From the lawn mower guy to the ATO.

By default, many of those obligations, could be legally handed over to the new owners of my business, and I could walk away. Quite simply, the new owners have had that business "knocked for six by Coronavirus", and despite my philosophical differences with them, I truly want them to succeed. With their success, many staff and students that depend on that businesses will also succeed. This will depend on the ethics and intention that are displayed by CASA. It is as simple as that!

I am now in a substantial disagreement with CASA that will likely end up going through the Courts, as I believe is CASAs tactic. They are attempting to drain me mentally, physically, and financially, and I will resolutely follow the path that they choose. I have no intention of not seeing this through to an outcome. I am seeking compensation to get my life back and pay everybody 100%. The goal is fair and reasonable.

I am also aware that I may potentially have obligations to the ATO, and they are similarly of a high priority to me.

My situation is unavoidable.

Without any warning at all. None!, and not on any basis of aviation safety, CASA placed restrictions on my businesses ability to trade.

Eventually that business could continue no longer, and was sold for 5% of its value. I had no option as I was not going to be able to pay the salaries to the exceptional team of staff that i had surrounded myself with.

The price was nominal, due to the uncertainty that remained after 8 months. Significant debt was incurred via supportive suppliers, as the business limped along for 8 months trying to have the restrictions on its ability to trade lifted.

After the sale of my business, I did retain my flying school, but was directed by CASA that I must transfer the staff and students to the new owners of my recently sold business. Unfortunately this derived me of all my revenue streams but left me the ongoing financial obligations to a number of suppliers and staff. Obviously with no revenue it was impossible to attend to the accruing debt. Some of which still accumulates since this matter started in October 2018.

After the loss of my two businesses, I did manage to gain employment within the Industry, providing me with an average income. At least I was in the position to work on paying my debts. Unfortunately, the CASA region Manager directed my Employer that my continuing employment was "untenable", and my employment has ceased. My assumption is that this direction came about because of my comments on a pilots forum called Pprune. Interestingly, it has had over half a million visits, and is where I chose to tell my story.

https://www.pprune.org/australia-new...ss-v-casa.html

Whilst I appreciate it is lengthy, I would direct the ATO to the "thread" quoted above, as it contains much pertinent information, and valuable input from industry peers.

Personally, I am destitute. My credit card is maxxed out, my wife works 7 days a week, and I have secured casual employment that pays me the same as if I chose to go on unemployment benefit. I have no savings or assets, and have lost my house, my business, and my savings. It is extremely traumatic, My family lives week to week.. The additional burden of owing people money makes that stress compound significantly. It is essential that I resolve this.

The direction by CASA to terminate my employment is now with the Commonwealth Ombudsman, and I have had discussions with a legal firm. They will continue this week

If CASA choose not to act with ethics, and in a lawful manner, I will have no option but to pursue them through the Courts.

The puropse of this letter.

To all the Suppliers and to the ATO, you have my personal assurance that i am working diligently to have this matter attended to so that i can meet my obligations to my suppliers, the ATO, and my family.

For any further clarification I would recommend that you contact the Deputy Prime Ministers Office.

I am assured by the Chairman of the Board of CASA, Mr Anthony Mathews that he has kept the Deputy Prime Minister thoroughly briefed.

I have also received written notification from the Deputy Prime Minister, Mr Michael Mc Cormack that he has been kept thorougjhly briefed by the Chairman of the Board of CASA.

Whilst I am not suggesting that you contact the Deputy PM directly, I am confident that his office will be able to provide you the CASA perspective of this situation. It may be that the Deputy PM can explain the "safety concerns" that have initiated the CASA action that leads to my current situation.

There are also a number of personnel within CASA that would be able to validate my story, or provide any missing details.

The best point of contacts would be:

Mr Shane Carmody- CASA CEO
Graeme Crawford- CASA Executive Manager- Aviation
Jonathan Aleck CASA Executive Manager- Legal
Craig Martin- CASA Executive Manager- Regulatory Sevices and Surveillance
Jason McHeyzer -CASA Region Manager
Brad Lacey- CASA Flight Operations Inspector

In summary, I can assure you, I am pursuing the opportunity to meet all my debts. Unfortunately this will only be resolved in the time line that the Deputy Prime Minister and CASA determine.

When I had the business, amongst the exceptional staff were 3 staff members in the finace and accounting department. They all left the business when CASA finally ensured its demise. I have very limited access to any administrative or accounting support. I am not trying to avoid the ATO, but I am facing an insurmountable workload. Can I respectfully call on your patience, and direct you to the Deputy PM or applicable CASA personnel for any additional information that they may be able to provide.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley