PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mildura Rednecks wreck our fair go reputation
Old 28th Apr 2020, 01:20
Lead Balloon

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts
I agree, a choice made by the wealthy and powerful clique that run our country all in the name of cheap manufacturing. We were not consulted but make no mistake, we love to participate.
Do “we”? On what basis do you presume to speak for everyone? I think you’ll find that this pandemic has resulted in a lot more of “us” questioning the value of the “love affair” (to extend your metaphor) with China.

Are you suggesting we should be self sufficient from China or the global market place in general? If just China, why?
Not just China, but at least China because it is a communist dictatorship and Chinese companies are ultimately the tools of a communist dictatorship. You may have missed the news reports of Chinese companies in Australia directing their employees to vacuum up as many medical supplies as they could get their hands on in Australia then shipping them to China earlier in the year. China’s long term plans are not implemented for the benefit of Australians.

When we were selling lots of cars to Saudi Arabia were you concerned that it was to a "dictatorship" also?
Yes. The ruling elite there are barbaric animals. I will rejoice on the day that their oil runs out (or can’t be sold) and they have nothing left but sand to sell.

What do you think the outcome would be were Australia to vote on withdrawing from trade with China? "Hand the flatscreen telly back and go out and start making flat screen telly's Trevor!"
Perhaps the standard of living of the average Australian would be better if, instead of being mature aged babies, they understood that throwing last year’s flat screen TV and other devices onto the ever-growing piles of e-waste at the rubbish tip is good for the likes of billionaires like Gerry Harvey and his counterparts in other countries, and few else.