PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mildura Rednecks wreck our fair go reputation
Old 27th Apr 2020, 23:46
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Muttley Crew
Oh really? I thought harmless, larrikin bogans are part of the very "fair go" culture in the thread topic. Maaaaate… they're quintessentially Aussie, like vegemite, ANZACs and Dawn Fraser.

I'd be quite happy to see the Chinese pull all their money (and virus) out and hand back the farms, dairies, infrastructure, etc the short term thinkers here have sold them.

I didn't know bogans understood VHF radios. Given they know the frequencies, understand single duplex jamming and have radios these "rednecks" might in fact be your winged brethren voicing their patriotic beliefs. Depending on how things turn out (unlikely) you might be eating your words in the future as a collaborator!

The bigger safety hazard would be the constant and overpowering fetid stench of rotting fish in unflossed teeth being breathed in close confines.

Nothing cute about heckling, racist bogans. And by the looks of your post you have close family associations with them.

Trouble is, the future will require smart Australians, to secure and grow our economy, as well as negotiating and working within complex national defence pacts with new allies as the rise of China goes who knows where? Our traditional western military reliances are not enough. Our new allies, trading partners, investors in our economy and tourists who fall in love with our country, will be persons of colour. Our traditional western military reliances are not enough.

Racist bogans will need to wake up to these realities and generate a genuine patriotism. Otherwise their kids will be the white trash of Asia too.

And don't pull the ANZAC crap. It's a bit like Godwin's law on feverish debates of anything Australian. Sure know plenty who fought who wouldn't be proud of racist bogans who heckle the vulnerable and who feel painting their face and running around, draped in the Australian flag, once a year, constitutes an unquestionable patriotism.