PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus boss warns company is 'bleeding cash'
Old 27th Apr 2020, 21:01
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
I've seen estimates of 30,000 near term job cuts at Boeing in the Puget Sound area (with at least that many more among suppliers). I suspect Airbus will be similar.
Yes it is, we're not far from Toulouse and a family member who is enjoying lockdown in the city itself and has close connections with a few at Airbus tells me he hearing via social media etc it's already starting to sound pretty ugly. Some of the local "Facs"/Institutions are very much feeders of graduates to Airbus - many graduating students who were expecting to get placements there this summer have already been told don't turn up. In addition a couple of friends of our family working for an local Airbus sub-sub-contractor were both given two days notice to bring their company laptops in and hand their IDs in earlier this week ( French labour law doesn't always provide the protection some seem to think it does).

Given how big a player Airbus and aviation is locally the knock on effect on our local economy is going to be significant.

ATB...bet you are glad you are retired and out of this.....