PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Flying Badges
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2020, 18:09
heights good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Herod
heights good: I was out of this thread, but your attitude demands a response. I assume, in the event you were involved as a passenger in a civil aircraft crash, you wouldn't want any assistance from the cabin CREW? After all, they are just"trolley dollies"

As to your comment that you could operate a C17, Typhoon or Chinook, would your other user name be Walter Mitty?
I have at no point said CC dont have a legitimate role to play. As I said previously GE, MIC, AD, AIA, Aeromed all have an airborne role, but they are not aircrew.

Regarding Walter Mitty, I am in no way saying I would be operating in the Staneval expected way, but I could make sure the aircraft got to its destination. CC would fail in the simple task of getting start up clearance, never mind navigation, RT, pressure settings, procedures, rules of the air... you know, those things taught in basic aircrew training.

This argument could drag on forever, the fact remains QRs and the RAF Board do not recognise CC as aircrew.

CC do not do ANY form of aircrew training.

There is a well recognised route for those wishing to become aircrew, just do 4 days of selection and 3-7 yrs of training to get to the frontline.

If you dont like the system then you only really have three choices - suck it up, apply to OASC or leave. For all other options take it up with the adults in Air.