PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annual expired
Thread: Annual expired
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2020, 15:16
sharpend

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sharpend
The CAA have posted several temporary changes to regulations regarding licensing and flying during the Covid 19 pandemic. Motor cars have an automatic extension to the MOT for 6 months. But I have yet to see any dispensation for aircraft servicing. My Annual expired end of March and I will need a possible ferry flight to a maintenance base. One always was allowed one journey to the MOT station to get an MOT, even if the MOT was out of date. Has anyone seen any changes to the CAA rules? When we can fly again, what do we do if our servicing is out of date?
Despite many posts on this thread, no one answered the question, 'can an annual be extended? Finally I myself found the answer in CAP553BC. It can be extended for one ferry flight, but only after inspection by a licensed engineer. 'An aircraft for which the Certificate of Airworthiness or Certificate of Validation has ceased to be in force by virtue of any of the matters specified in Article 9(7) of the Air Navigation Order, shall fly under ‘A’ Conditions only for the purpose of enabling it to:

a) proceed to a place at which any inspection or maintenance required by virtue of

Article 9(7)(b)(ii) of the Air Navigation Order is to take place;

Before an aircraft flies under ‘A’ Conditions the aircraft and its engines shall be certified as fit for flight.