PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Apr 2020, 12:01
flyinthesky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be sensible, the world and aviation is in a calamitous situation.

Do you really think in all seriousness that EK is recruiting. They have no real clear picture as to how they will protect their existing pilots or crew. To really believe that there are opportunities is deluded. Any advertisements will have already been pre-booked and paid for. Therefore cannot be cancelled. Believe me when I say that my friends in recruitment have not been near the office in weeks and there are no opportunities.

This is all about protecting the people that they have.

The problem with forums like this is, is that many that post have no real idea and can post incendiary rumours without recourse and give others hope. EK are trying to protect what they have, but they have limited visibility as to how this scenario will play out, therefore recruiting is at a COMPLETE standstill. This is a company in full protection mode. Whilst I am sure there are many candidates who would now love to join us, it is simply not going to happen in the near term.

The world is a very different place now.

Last edited by flyinthesky; 27th Apr 2020 at 12:48.