PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines Going Under
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2020, 03:32
EchoKilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pull up numbers - the global numbers of flyers in 2003 and even in 2008 were NOT close to the numbers that came into effect between 2012-2019. To recover to that level especially with global border closures, jobless rates beyond comprehension and tightening of other basic sources of income - the least of my bloody worries is to take a selfie in front of the Eiffel. Time to change jobs - and pronto

Originally Posted by YellowFever777
What on earth are you basing your numbers on? Post 2008 the markets went on the longest bull run in history. This pandemic has been a black swan event for the world economy because we were woefully underprepared for it, however just like the crash of 2008 this too will pass.

I certainly don't have the answers but I am certainly more optimistic of a medium term recovery, trying to predict 15 years out from now is insanity. The vacuum created by the airlines that have gone bust will be filled by new airlines or expanding surviving airlines.

The only thing that is certain is that the sh1t well and truly hit the fan this time, the next 2-5 years no one really knows.