PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2020, 03:11
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The whole thing was rushed.
If the AFFA was voted down we wouldn't of been given a second chance and the Axe would of fallen. I agree, it would of been better to run a member survey to determine how much of a cut we were prepared to take, but we were given the deadline of Roster 5 to get an agreement. I suspect however, one of the reasons for the 95% in favor was because we matched the Exec cut. That was a very popular opinion right from the beginning, and if we were to take 25% the Exec should match it.

I believe this agreement will certainly delay a 2nd wave for now. Yes, the saved jobs might only be temporary but we have the option to extend the AFFA at the completion of 9 rosters. I don't doubt the company will threaten the Axe if we don't agree, but they'll also force a No vote by swinging the axe again before then.

Until COVID is over, everything we agree on is "temporary". Right now, we're working to a predicted schedule in 12 months. If/when that changes, the process will start again. However, I suspect what will change is the timing not the Schedule.. that is, it might not be April 2021 we're back to 70% but April 2022, however 70% seems to be the long term goal.