PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Virgin Australia Mk II could launch in as little as three months"
Old 26th Apr 2020, 21:46
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by exfocx
I'm with Sunfish on this "holding a/c thingy". Not only may the agreement be worthless if the a/c are leased the actual owner cannot be held liable for the a/p loss.

I think AsA had some success on liens back in the Compass 1 & 2 days, but I pretty certain back them the gov had written that into legislation. If my memory is correct there was an uproar when they held the a/c and demanded payment from the lessors. Cannot recall how this panned out.
Has anybody had a read of Perth airports Terms of Condition or Terms of Reference? There would normally be a legal clause written into the Document, basically advising tenants and users that if you fail to pay us we will seize your assets - planes, GSE, office infrastructure etc. The Tenant, in this case VA, should have at some stage received a copy of the TOR and signed in agreement. Now if the Perth TOR says ‘we will take a lien against your shiny toys if you go tits up’ and VA signed off on that, then the airport have a legal right to do what they have done. But if VA didn’t sign off on the document or if there was nothing in the document that refers to placing a lien on aircraft in the event of unpaid bills then Perth airport has possibly broken the law. It becomes a very complex matter and I’m not a qualified Solicitor so who knows exactly what is in the fine print.

What I do know is Perth airport has done itself reputational damage. And why hasn’t the brave Scottis CEO tried to pull the same stunt on the Irish toad at QF? Both CEO’s are proud, conceited narcissists so it would be fun to watch the two in a battle Royale. Kevin Brown, as proud and as conceited as he is, has a very small set of jewels and will always back down from a fight or send a woman out to do the dirty work. He will always make sure a fallguy is in arms reach so I think Deb Blasken ought to watch her back because if the heat in the kitchen becomes too great, the spineless Scotsman will let her take the fall for him. Beware of buses Deb, you might end up beneath one.