PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2020, 18:25
helipixman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by helipixman
Remember 911 when a visible attack happened in the US all aircraft were grounded almost immediately. Now we have an Invisible attacker which has the potential to kill far more people planes are being allowed to fly WHY ????
Remember this quote I made back in March 2020. It seems the US and maybe the UK did things too late regarding the Lockdown ? We should have learnt something by watching the rest of the World, particularly Europe but did'nt.

Having looked tonight at a few flight tracking programmes, the average amount of aircraft flying in the UK was no more than 50 ! A fair number of them were Cargo flights and Emergency helicopters, many overflights and a few light aircraft. Scotland where I live had none for most of the day. WELL DONE UK

Then I looked at the US and I know its a far bigger country, there were on average 1,500 ? Plenty of regional airliners. From the head of the country to the general public I don't think many of them really get it. Plenty going into New York and Florida. With 40,000 deaths and growing, when will they get it and stop protesting to end lockdown. I am just glad I do not live there and have a Scottish Government who are protecting their people by not ending lockdown too soon. After all said, lives are very important, finance will recover - it always does in time, once you die who cares about finance !!