PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Virgin Australia Mk II could launch in as little as three months"
Old 26th Apr 2020, 11:03
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Mach e avelli:
So, Sunfish, are you saying that the next time I put my humble Toyota in for a service, I can drive it out without paying? Just snatch the keys from the desk and go for it?
All this time I thought the agreement with the service centre for them to do a job for an agreed price and me to pay that price was enforceable . How silly of me.

You can try, but not if the boys know where you live. Unscrupulous Lawyers do try this on from time to time. Every tradie has a story about doing a job, then being told there is something wrong and the customer isn’t paying. It costs thousands to try to get a judgement. A lot of trades won’t work for lawyers for this reason.

It would be interesting if the Virgin aircraft is leased but being operated by Virgin. The actual owner of the aircraft has no liability or business relationship with Perth Airport. They may want their aircraft back. That leads to a nice expensive three way court fight.