PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK-131: Airbus seconds from doom over Moscow (Report in The Times)
Old 26th Apr 2020, 10:27
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPLINKER : What the h--l is a digital watch ? Creeping the thread a bit, i know, but can't allow your love of tech and analogies with tractors to go unresponded.

I recall being slapped over the head , several times, in conversion from huge Boeing background to Airbus. Attempts to throttle" the dummy sticks was shouted at. I have fat little fingers that led to great difficulty in placing all four dummy sticks, together, into the "click" for take-off. This would result in uneven thrust requerst which would send off an alarm with FGMC message. I would "stop" the T/O much to experienced howling from the F/O & Trainer. "Just slam all four into TOGA and GO " ........against an amber warning (?) . OK . "Resisting the training" was a write up in the notes. I stopped resisting, passed, hated it. Dreamed of my lovely ole DC3, coaxing those big P&W's into burping, farting, starts on cold mornings at Gatters.

Don't get me started on Tractors to Beamers mate. Done that. Brand new, all singing, dancing beamer that even talks to me is better than my first Ford Anglia but nowadays, on the M25, speed-lock in (you will probably call it " Cruise control", Uplinker, fearful of throttle jam & burst into flames, mindset, I am not happy. I really miss clutch, no synchro-mesh on first , wind up windows,...........yeah, yeah yeah.................sorry.