PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights inbound to LHR
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2020, 09:48
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KG; Doesn't feel attractive to be outraged at all. Other sentiments are fare more attractive. However, we do need some clarification. QR operating throughout the world as though there was no pandemic & regularly in & out of LHR. Iran Air in & out as though there was no tomorrow. I mean, Iran, really ?

It does , however, feel attractive to suggest that there is more to this than we are told. Any allusion, though, is swiftly taken down. Look out, here come the conspiracy loons. I am tending, in lock-down, to move towards some of these theories when I see LHR allowing people to breeze in and out without a sneeze ( pardon the pun).

Dear mate of mine alluded to Governments not telling all in a letter, published in the DM. It was printed but heavily edited to remove the allusion. It was then followed by two lengthy articles in the same newspaper on the same subject . A meek suggestion by the UK Health Authority is that since Britain is in a high stage of infection in vast numbers, screen testing of LHR arrivals would have little or no effect. Blimey ! Repatriation flights (from Iran ?) . QR operating repatriation flights from Doha (really ?). And we were originally told that incubation was three weeks in asymptomatic carriers who would have no idea that they were infecting three other bods, each , in close proximity ! "Little or no effect " -eh ?

Arfur Dent is right to show concern. Those of us swaying towards other theories will be taken down or even go missing. Please, don't tell me I need to get out more !