PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - will Corona kill my plans?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2020, 07:26
EchoKilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i echo Repo's sentiment. Save the money for toilet paper and see how things go. There will be no upsurge in demand for travelling taking into account how many people are lined up for social assistance let alone vacations. And if say the end of fall there is some light at the end, you might snag a few deals alongs the way. stay safe

Originally Posted by Repos
These are recent experiences of mine and family .
You have a trip booked but you get to the stage where everyone knows it's not going to happen. The airline/travel company say absolutely nothing until the last minute in the hope you will cancel it. When they cancel it they offer a voucher or re-booking and if you are entitled to a refund it is made as difficult as possible.
My daughter was planning a visit from the Uk and the airline had publicly declared it's fleet grounded, cancelled her flight with 2 days notice but didn't cancel the return flight a week later. Eventually resolved.
I currently have 500 Euros 'invested' in a ferry company that I can't get back and they are even offering discounts on a booking in the summer that everyone knows is unlikely to happen.
Apart from petrol in the car I certainly won't be parting with any money on travel until all this has settled.