PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2020, 08:41
lederhosen

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I think touch&go has hit the nail on the head about protecting taxpayers money. There is a fine line between keeping viable businesses going until the economy restarts and supporting businesses where the future is much less certain. It is not clear that success pre corona or signs of a turnaround as is being argued with Norwegian tell us how viable companies will be. Here in Germany the foreign minister has said that we should expect little or no tourism by air for the rest of the year. This was met with howls of anguish from the trade. But if he is right then business for holiday companies is going to be bleak for a long while yet and some will inevitably need to shut down. Condor is being supported and mates tell me they are quite busy flying stuff from China and agricultural workers from Eastern Europe. But that is clearly only tiding them over and what happens next is very uncertain. I am pretty sure that all airlines are going to look different if and when they properly restart operations.