PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Government Loan to Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2020, 06:38
VH-ABC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
I was working in a Consultative role on the day that Ansett’s last Brisbane domestic flight pulled into the Brisbane domestic terminal. From memory it was onto Bay 39 or 40. The then Virgin Blue had aircraft on the adjacent satellite standoff bays, so the AN plane taxiied by quite close. Virgin ramp staff could be seen waving at the aircraft AND giving it the finger and laughing. AN staff unloaded their aircraft and VB staff drove nearbye on their tugs and were again laughing and giving the AN ground staff the finger. I will not only never forget that, but I was absolutely shocked and disgusted. Ansett, although financially failing, always offered superb service and looked and acted professional. The Virgin reaction was unbelievably disgusting. I am glad they eventually grew up somewhat and can only hope that none of their people received a return serve the day they went into Administration. It’s just not cricket.

The Virgin reaction? Only a bitter old fool would think the actions of some were the feelings of all. Tuck it in pal.