PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2020, 04:18
InZed

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oldm8ey
How do I get in on said email chain?
Post your email here and someone might send it to you.

Originally Posted by ElZilcho
I'm not planning to leave ALPA for the same reason I didn't leave NZ when we let Winnie elect the Coalition of losers. I don't expect CM to to retain his position at the next election simply due to his attitude towards members.
Are you saying that the ongoing issues found within ALPA are solely due to CM? I have no issue with his minions on the council. It is not a good leader when EVERY SINGLE PILOT you speak to has at least one example of them being yelled at down the phone by him. He is a dicktator, and not a leader. And the fact that he will be getting a PAY RISE from his own down training (C7-14% vs. C8) is awfully convenient. All my group of friends are of the opinion that the Council, under the CM dicktatorship, has resulted in a situations not benefiting the general pilot group, but more protecting the top 10%.

The other **** up is with the pathways; all those prop pilots at the bottom of the jet list are staying on full pay on the left seat on a turboprop. And their new contract means that even if they are down trained into the right seat, they remain on full pay! And they are all looking at getting their jobs back ahead of some experienced jet pilots at the bottom of the list, with nothing else to fall back on.

Pathways is and always will be a complete failure. They need to get rid of it. Especially now: there is NO pilot shortage (so no need for pathways anymore), and there is HUNDREDS of redundant (experienced) jet pilots (check and training captains presumably too) from VA NZ sitting around. I am sure in a few years there will be a majority of them that won't find flying work, and will happily jump onto the bottom of the jet list! Better to hire them than some regional pilot that has failed jet interviews, failed jet type ratings and have no jet/international experience.