PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ex Military Jet Trainers (JP's, L39 etc.)
Old 22nd Nov 2003, 18:08
Zlin526

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damien,

I dont want to get into the details of this for obvious reasons, or into a slanging match but the crash of G-HHUN happened at Dunsfold on the Friday. I know because my own involvement at Dunsfold was cancelled because of it! It was a display PRACTICE, and not an actual display...therefore it doesn't make it a display accident in my view. The accident cause was not related to an air display flight, the aircraft caught fire whilst practicing, and the pilot tried unsuccesfully to land back on at Dunsfold with obvious consequences. I have done quite a bit of research into this and other accidents at Air Displays, using the CAA/SIDD stats.

And G-KAXF. My apologies you are indeed correct. I was getting confused with the recent Hunter accident in Wales, which was certainly not a display related accident in any way, shape or form..

On a related subject, and FYI, as far as display related accidents in the UK go, the vast majority are to experienced pilots, often with lots of hours on type, and quite often with a military flying background.