PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2020, 02:19
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
CM appears too proud to admit how much of a **** up T&R has become... he was very quick to shut it down on the Livestreams.

If the Federation did indeed warn ALPA & the Company about T&R in a Redundancy situation then that will be even harder for him and JW to admit their failures. I have heard there is work going on in that area at the moment however. I'm not planning to leave ALPA for the same reason I didn't leave NZ when we let Winnie elect the Coalition of losers. I don't expect CM to to retain his position at the next election simply due to his attitude towards members.

As it stands today, we have 108 T&R Pilots voting on the agreement.

Furlough allows you to retain your years of service - not applicable for T&R as they still have a Regional Job and will retain Service that way.
Furlough allows you to retain your employment contract - not applicable for T&R as they still have a Regional Job.
Furlough freezes your pay steps for you return - T&R Pilots mostly joined the Jet list from late 2018 so would gain very little here.
Redundancy is based on your "Group Service" - Most T&R Pilots have 8+ years service, some 10-15+ so would be entitled to a healthy redundancy payment.
Redundancy still preserves your Seniority number for 10 years - So a T&R Pilot loses nothing, they effectively remain T&R while retaining their Regional Commands
Redundancy in the proposed CEA Varion will exclude T&R Pilots from a payment - Suggesting they're currently entitled to one under the existing CEA.

So, remind me why any of those 108 Pilots will vote Yes to this agreement? Furlough and Redundancy are effectively no different for a T&R Pilot under the proposed agreement, yet the existing CEA entitles them to a Redundancy Payment for a Job they never started. Anecdotally I've heard many T&R Pilots are not planning on taking a Jet Position anyway, so why on earth would they vote themselves out of a Redundancy Payment?

Again, this is a mess. I hope Forans paying attention and looking at the Muppets who didn't filter this through the Lawyers before actioning it. The Company could be facing Millions in Redundancy Payments to Pilots who aren't actually Redundant - according to CM they're all the same as Jet Pilots on LWOP and have the exact same entitlements...