PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2020, 01:45
InZed

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have been a NZALPA member since I joined the airline industry. But the way that the union and CM has dealt with this has been terrible. FANZP have stood out to not just myself, but all of my colleagues I have spoken with, due to their continued communications and openness to doing a deal for the WHOLE pilot group. Redundancy packages for the most senior pilots would have been a bloody great start, and has worked well in the USA saving junior pilots jobs.

I hear that there was a large email chain going around with around 150 ALPA pilots on it last week, and I heard that the Regional pilots have a similar thread. There is a LARGE number (hundreds) of pilots that are not happy with the way that ALPA have handled this. And an even larger number of people that don't like the leadership of CM.

I will be a Fed this time next week if the NZALPA Ballot gets voted down. But even then, I might be a Fed by then anyway. Save my money on fees and belong to a union that seems to actually care about their members. The days of the Feds being called Scabs are long gone (30 years ago)!