PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair in financial difficulty?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2020, 19:20
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FGE319
So that leaves next year, which again, to get back home means being tied to one airline and again means going via Bologna or Marseille (wrong direction, added expense of an overnight stop unless the flight times change), meaning a voucher is next to useless for me too.

Getting what is paid for means flying on the originally scheduled sector as the originally scheduled time. Ryanair haven't been able to do this, meaning that in fairness here, they owe a refund, as they can't offer the flexibility of their competitors in booking options on most of the routes we'll use.

We are all crew here, and flexibility is key to most of us due to how we work. Being able to get both flights done in a day in both directions vs an overnight stop in 2 directions where the operating carrier only operates 2 days a week on each isn't flexible at all, and although Ryanair may be used on 1 of the 2 sectors for this, there's no guarantee.

Once again, with a potential decrease in flight prices looking very likely, I very much doubt we'll get through £200 with Ryanair even in 2 years for now. If we do (and if the 'voucher' prices are the same price, which we know from experience they likely won't be if their re-booking process is anything to go by) then I will openly apologise.
Voucher is for value so how you wish to use will be up to you will it not ? Nothing states it has to be a return flight.

I think the idea that a huge decrease in flight prices may be something you wish for but not something that may be reality. If airlines know limited people are travelling why would you offer cheaper prices knowing that only 100 people will fly anyway. Airlines will need to rebuild cash reserves so loss making routes and very low fares may not be on the agenda.