PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2020, 13:24
RealFish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CEJM
You must be flying with a different easyJet then me. Cash refund is clearly available on the website. I just requested 4 refunds for flights departing between 6 days and 18 days away. So no sleight of hand going on, you just need to do your research better.

I will help you on your way. It is all in the Covid 19 Help hub to which a link is clearly displayed on the easyJet website. “The fastest way to find out your travel options COVID 19 Help hub”.
This is clearly new. According to the site, at the time, the only option to claim a refund for our cancelled flights (25th / 26th March) was to phone and that advice took some finding. The site didn't even give the phone number or a link to it. Like so like many others, it seems, having dug out the number we have been attempting call for a refund without success - calls simply go unanswered.

Thanks to 'Tonyq' we have now used the link that he posted, which we were unaware of. I do wonder though whether this is a holding tactic, similar to that employed by Ryanair, where the 28 day refund window will become ever stretched, 'until Covid is over'. That said, we were, in fact, just about to go down the recharge route. That might, on reflection, have been the better option. We'll see.

As a footnote we have also had some BA flights cancelled. We were able to speak with the airline, via the telephone number they emailed us with and we have our refund. I wonder which airline we will book with next time!