PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are we ruining years of CRM training...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2003, 15:34
greybeard

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I'm with you flapsforty, the locked door is a sop to the public opinion that the possibility of entry to the cockpit is impossible and the flights cannot be hijacked.
In my last A/C the door was at first BOLTED which necessitated one of us actually leaving our seat any time entry was require to unbolt the thing. On T/O and Ldg one of the ladies from the cabin was required to sit with us to enable the door to be unbolted in the case of an RTO or worse. Now due to the type of long gear the ladies wore we were NOT permitted to embarras them by making them use the crutch strap of the harness which meant that they would have been a real hazzard if we made an unscheduled stop!!!
It is a little better with entry code pads, cameras et all, but if people want to do something, NOTHING will stop them, and as for CRM between the front and back, it's gone to hell in a basket. The "40 minute see if they are awake" visit is gone, the supply of sensory and other distractions to boredom is lowered by the lack of other human contact, apart from the other sleepy sod, going to the loo is a structured event etc etc.

As I have said, miss the flying, but not the job